Wednesday, February 10, 2010

When Men Invest In Men


Had my first meeting with a new group of guys tonight...

Groups like this have been some of the best things I have ever been a part of in the past! Men coming together to connect with other men and talk about life and faith and such.

My first experience came when I was a freshmen in college. I was a new Christian, young in my faith, and for whatever reason I was given the chance to be a part of a group of guys that was meeting regularly with the campus pastor.

This time and space became the place where I learned what it meant to be a man who sought hard after God. I learned what it looked like to be open, honest, vulnerable and accountable. I learned how to pray for others and to be prayed for. I learned that God's power truly is made perfect in weakness!

Too many men walk through life alone! We need more who are willing to step up and invest in other men. We need men who are willing to walk alongside each other - willing to hold each other accountable, prayer for one another and encourage one another. We need men who will follow hard after God and invited others to come along with them!

Can you image how different things might look in our relationships, marriages, homes, campuses, workplaces, the marketplace... our world... if men will start putting their relationship with Christ above all else?

It won't just happen... and it can't happen without coming together under the leadership of Christ.

I'm excited about what God might do in us and through us as this group continues to meet!

Tonight was, after all, just the first meeting! ;)